OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE FIREBIRD'S FEATHER [vs Ethan Rose] Empty THE FIREBIRD'S FEATHER [vs Ethan Rose]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:05 am
[Ordell is in a dim, dusty room. The room is empty aside from a cabinet on the far wall, and a ray of light falls on the cabinet revealing an empty pedestal. He has a single strap messenger bag slung over his shoulder.]

“A Phoenix is a mystical creature. It is spoken about almost as if it were a deity, to be placed upon a pedestal and admired by all who gaze upon it. Many look at the Phoenix as a sign of immortality, of renewal, of rebirth.

Often the Phoenix has a symbolic link to religion, symbolising Mary, Christ and consecration in different readings and cultures, amongst others.

The Greeks link the Phoenix to their Sun God, Apollo. The story goes that Apollo saw a beautiful shimmering bird of red and yellow plumage that mesmerised him such that he immediately granted it immortality. The Phoenix, overjoyed, promised Apollo he would sing for him alone. For a while the Phoenix flew free and sang until it’s heart was bursting with joy.”

[Ordell swings the bag round so the main hold is now in front of him.]

“But soon, word spread of this magnificent beast, of its glittering feathers and men, women and children alike all conspired to trap it as their own – a one of a kind, a unique creature to be ogled and kept prisoner. Now, rather than a rare sight, the Phoenix was hunted as prey. The bird was too quick and agile, and managed to evade the grasps of those that sought to ensnare it, leaving behind only a golden feather.

In place of the bird itself, these captors began to seek out the feathers, hunting the Phoenix far and wide in search of a trophy for their cabinet.”

[Ordell moves forward, gaining ground on the cabinet.]

“And eventually, once the Phoenix had escaped by the skin of its teeth one too many times, the bird recognised the danger and fled, to where Apollo could no longer hear, and its song was useless, inane chatter carried off into nothingness by the wind.”

[Ordell gestures at the cabinet in front of him solemnly.]

“My trophy cabinet is bare, with nothing to show for my time in OSW so far. With my one chance at a title resulting in failure I need something else to fill that void, and the tail feather of the elusive Phoenix should do nicely. Those who seek a trophy for besting this particular Phoenix seem to succeed more often than not. El Trebol Junior and Edward Newton are the latest names to give this bird a taste of defeat, and now I must add to that list.

And once I gain my feather, the Phoenix must surely realise that he can only resist defeat for so long, and he must flee, just as the Phoenixes of the past did, to a faraway desert, where none can hear and none can find. This Phoenix already has the inane chatter down to a fine art, so he must be prepared to fail. There is no Apollo granting this Phoenix immortality, only the eyes of Janus to cast judgement on him for his transgressions.

And should the Phoenix insist that he does not flee? Try to front it out?”

[Ordell opens the messenger bag, and retrieves a bundle, wrapped in various plastic carrier bags. He disposes of each layer, pulling the final Barnardo’s branded bag back to reveal a glass presentation case, and within it a glistening crimson and gold feather. Ordell places it on the pedestal, neatly.]

“He will find that his tail feather will not be the only thing in my trophy cabinet. I will hunt down this Phoenix as his predecessors were hunted and his scalp will join it too, and Ethan Rose will be just another victim as I pass through the gateway to greatness.”

[Ordell sits on the floor, cross legged, watching the feather’s colours dance in the beam of light falling across it.]

[Fade.]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum