OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE RELATIVITY RECTIFICATION Empty THE RELATIVITY RECTIFICATION

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:18 am
For most of those who reside in the squalid pits of humanity, there is much to fear in this world. And sure, it is a scary place if you are that way inclined, but the trick is to know your strengths, know your weaknesses, and know the same things in those around you. There is a word that I use often when I composing my plans.

Relativity.

Everything in life is relative. Fear is relative. That is why everyone has different fears. One person might fear water, but relatively, water might not bother a second person at all.

And the reason that is is important in a place like OSW is it allows you to see the bigger picture. I have taken a step back, surveyed those around me and I have understood.

For many, Berengar would be a formidable foe: A knight from space who has slain many, and whose sword has slain many before that. But the space knight is fallible, and mortal, and though he is an accomplished competitor in the ring, and taken down many of those he faced, in the grand scheme of things he is nothing, relatively speaking.

The same applies to King Arthur. If you take one look at him you see a zombified mythical King from the golden days of history. You start to wonder how on earth you can stand up to an undead man and beat him, but he has his weaknesses too. Excalibur, though he searches for it, makes him human again, and that makes him vulnerable. So whilst he seems insurmountable, he is relatively weak.

And this doesn’t apply to anyone more so than it does to The Scarecrow – a beast almost beyond words that has turned mortal men to jelly just by his presence. And of course he has a storied history and an innate ability to cause destruction and lay waste to those who oppose him. But still, take a look through the lens of relativity and even The Scarecrow is just a bunch of hay.

For above all this, you have to look – as I said before – at the bigger picture. A picture where there have been Gods vying for the attention of mortals. A picture where the Gods are at war with each other. A picture where all but a few of those Gods are now dead, murdered by some unknown entity. And that is why you have to look at the context. For yes, Berengar can wield his sword well, Arthur seemingly cannot be killed and The Scarecrow is beyond the normal bounds of existence, but there is something out there which can literally kill Gods.

Why on earth would I be worried about those against me in the ring this week instead of whatever IT is?

There is nothing and nobody I’ve ever met that can stop me achieving my aims.

It’s what we don’t know that haunts me.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum