OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

MORDRED... Empty MORDRED...

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:19 am
Merlin, an all powerful wizard and sage member of King Arthur’s court, brought Arthur a prophecy many years ago that a baby born in May would one day grow to usurp him from the throne. On receiving this news, Arthur – consumed with a blend of passion and fear – gathered the children born in May and cast them all adrift to sea on a rickety boat. He did not watch his despicable act until its end, and although every other child on that boat died, one survived.

Mordred.

In a neat twist of fate, it was to become known that Mordred was the illegitimate son of Arthur, destined to usurp his own father from the throne he occupied. But the rest of the story really depends on who you believe.

One side of the story, from earlier sources, paints Arthur as a good Christian, and often even further as an agent of God, sent to rule divinely over England. The other, from later sources, presents Arthur as a tyrant, who becomes the enemy of the church due to his immoral acts.

The truth is that Arthur is put on a pedestal because those earlier sources are his own work. Like the dictator he is, he spread false word of his goodness, so that the people would stay true to their King. Yet whilst Arthur was on a selfish mission of vengeance against Lancelot for sleeping with his wife, his son Mordred fulfilled the prophecy and usurped him, freeing the people from his rule.

From his tyranny.

Mordred is a man who did the right thing, even though many people were against it. Mordred is a man who is presented often as a big bad guy, the villain to Arthur’s hero. Mordred saved the people from a future of torture and tragedy, they just didn’t know it yet.

That is peculiar, as you could argue that Mordred is like me.

We share the same wish to improve the world from the shackles that bind it and contain it’s potential, we are both misrepresented to be heartless and thoughtless and evil, and our actions – though people choose not to believe it – will save many, many lives.

Mordred went on to take part in a handful of inconclusive fights with his father, just like I have taken part in too.

And that’s where the link currently remains. I intend to strengthen that link to Mordred this week. For I, also a child born in May, will continue the prophecy once more, and rise to usurp you from your OSW throne. The battles we’ve had before have been nothing until now Arthur. Think of this week as your new age Camlann.

Camlann, for those of you struggling to keep up, is the battle in which Mordred killed his father. This week I must repeat Mordred’s task. Arthur will perish, and Mysterion will usurp his throne.

Only Mysterion has one advantage over Mordred…

…he doesn’t plan on dying in the same battle.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum