OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

CHAOS THEORY/CHAOS PRACTICAL Empty CHAOS THEORY/CHAOS PRACTICAL

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:19 am
I have been working for such a long time, preparing for Pandemonium. Longer than most of you realise.

People think that being a Villain is so easy, that I just turn up with the cloak and cowl and sneer at superheroes and that’s me done. Well. That is as far from the truth as you could possibly be. I spend the majority of my days researching. I watched Pandemonium last year with great interest. For you see my research this year has been on both one thing and many.

Chaos Theory.

There is no other way to approach this. With 20 men all vying for that coveted survivors victory, I need to gain any advantage I can.

Chaos Theory looks at systems and situations where very small changes to the starting position make big differences to the outcome or ongoing result. Your stock example is a butterfly flapping its wings causing a hurricane on the other side of the world, but I prefer to think of it in more relatable terms. Each of the 20 men entering that ring make a difference. The number they enter at makes a difference. The first person they throw a punch at makes a difference.

Every single thing that happens in that ring is subject to Chaos Theory, and the result is a truly delightful disarray.

Imagine that the members of Shadowforce are in the ring together, and imagine that one of them makes the snap judgement to throw a punch at one of the others. Just imagine it. Now, not only does that have big implications outside of the ring, but within the squared circle the trajectory of their individual fights changes in an instant. Suddenly the prepared plan is not an option and they are left with no choice but to wing it.

Or how about this: imagine that just before the match Yahweh gets irrefutable proof that The Scarecrow has been killing the Elysium Fields Gods. Imagine his wrath, and imagine what Yahweh will do to the beast that betrayed him. Think how that would affect the match.

I have thought of all of these branches and more. I have spent weeks and months watching everything, reading everything and understanding everything relating to that ring and all the people who will step foot within it, to give me the best chance of walking out of the other side unscathed. And not only that, I have considered all the ways in which I can throw a spanner in the works to my benefit.

And that’s why the time for talk is done. I have had enough of Chaos Theory. Now it’s time for my Chaos Practical, where Mysterion takes the reigns and leads everyone on a wild ride. And with my Chaos Practical, there is no doubt that the only one in control is Mysterion. And when Mysterion takes the wheel, well – you know you’re about to hit some REAL PANDEMONIUM.

Just ask Zander Zane’s bus…
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum