OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

JUDGEMENT BY DEMOCRACY Empty JUDGEMENT BY DEMOCRACY

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:26 am
Ladies and gentleman, let me talk to you a little about good and bad, right and wrong.

Ever since I can remember, I’ve sought out what is right. I have weighed up, taken stock and tried to be the best I can be and achieve not what benefits me personally, but what benefits a greater good. If I had my way, the whole world would be better because of the plans I hope to put in place. And a big part of my vision for a better future is one with a fair but unwavering legal system.

The days of soft sentences for sexual predators whilst some harmless teenager who got caught with an ounce too much weed on him gets years behind bars should be eradicated. The world has changed, and so should our outdated system. People like you, here, today, struggle to trust lawyers and is it any shock as to why? In the UK they are hardly held up as saints but here in the States they are the harbingers of doom, conducting merrily on the public bus to bankruptcy. The States have been shackled by a sue-and-counter-sue culture, where the stress in on the profit not on the justice.

And that is why I can respect The Judge. He sees the universe before him and his sole aim is to keep the balance that he wants. He analyses each person he meets and knows all there is to know. He decides their fate in the universe. But that is part of the problem. The Judge is but one being, and although he claims to be unbiased, there is no guarantee this is the case. And his neutrality does not account for human empathy.

That is why your vote should lie with me. Although The Judge wants a fair and balanced universe, his idea of fair and balanced does not match with the views of the majority. He is a lone creature in a world ripe for the right kind of democracy to flourish and make these sorts of judgement without him. Why should he get the final word, in a world with billions of people?

Even better – why shouldn’t you get the final word, along with each and every one of your countrymen?

So who do we think should pass judgement on real issues effecting real human lives? An emotionless alien, claiming to balance the universe with no regard for context or human nature, or the entirety of the population, making decisions together, armed with combined millennia of experience?

The truth is all judgement is subjective, even that of The Judge, so why not let the subjectivity of the legal system be led by those who must live within it?

By you?

I don’t think there is any answer to that question that doesn’t end with you taking control of your own lives through the marvel of democracy.

And that’s why a vote for me is a vote for a better world run by the people, for the people.

Vote Whitlock.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum