OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

GREEN..... Empty GREEN.....

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:28 am
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you once more for joining me on this – the most important of days.

I’ve been invited to talk to you about something that has been hitting the news hard over the past couple of years. It’s something we’ve known about for a long while, yet everyone has been content to just let it get on with what it was doing, ignoring it, hoping it would go away. Well ladies and gentlemen, it has not gone away. It will not go away. And you can see from recent evidence that it does not look like it will go away any time soon.

And this is all down to human ignorance. I will admit that I’ve played my part. I’m certainly not innocent in all of this, but the real deciding factor is what happens next. Anyone can make a mistake, but it’s how you fix that mistake that makes your character. So I pledge to fix my mistake. I will stop ignoring it.

That’s right ladies and gentlemen, I’m talking about climate change.

The world we live in is very fragile. It is this almost unimaginable mass of land and sea, that provides shelter and sanctuary for thousands upon thousands of different lifeforms. Whilst I was not a religious man myself, not a believer until we saw the fall of the gods, I can see why people believed in them beforehand. What are the odds that a planet existed that had the exact ecosystem that would allow all of these species to flourish?

But that’s why it must be protected from those that seek to destroy it.

Like Junkrat.

Junkrat does not see the earth in the same way that you or I do. Even if we don’t actively do our part to prevent climate change, we don’t actively go looking for ways to damage this place we call home, do we? Junkrat does. His idea of a better world is one that is so full of craters you can’t call it a planet. Despicable.

But interesting. I chose my words carefully earlier this evening. Let me paraphrase.

He’s something we’ve known about for a long while, yet everyone has been content to just let him get on with what he was doing, ignoring him, hoping he would go away. But ladies and gentlemen, he has not gone away. He will not go away. And you can see from recent evidence that it does not look like he will go away any time soon.

And this is all down to human ignorance. I will admit that I’ve played my part. I’m certainly not innocent in all of this, but the real deciding factor is what happens next. Anyone can make a mistake, but it’s how you fix that mistake that makes your character. So I pledge to fix my mistake. I will stop ignoring him.

Stopping Junkrat is imperative to the preservation of our planet. We don’t want a whole planet looking like Gary, Indiana looks, do we?

And that’s why a vote for me is literally a vote to save the world.

Vote Whitlock.