OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

TAX THE CORPORATIONS Empty TAX THE CORPORATIONS

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:28 am
Ladies and gentlemen, what a wonderful night it is, and what a perfect opportunity to talk to you about some more of my manifesto promises.

It is fair to say that if you were to poll everyone in this room right now on the top three worries they have, there would be a few common denominators. Some outliers you wouldn’t expect, maybe. But I can almost guarantee that for the majority of you, one of those three items would be money. The world gets more and more expensive. Products and services cost more each year, but employers want to find ways to pay their staff as little as possible. This inevitably leads to a huge gulf between the rich and the poor in our society, and we’re increasingly finding that there’s less middle ground. The days of being “fairly well off” are falling into a chasm with that middle ground, and now we find ourselves caught in a dichotomy. Rich versus poor. Living versus surviving.

I have always been as open and honest as I can be as a politician, and I won’t stop that just because the topic is money. I will be honest once more and say I find myself lucky enough to fall into the “rich” category. I have earned a good living from what I do, and some people will tell you this means I can’t speak for those on the other side any more. I say what a load of trash that is.

If anything I feel that means I should be freer to speak on this divide! I am a human being with true empathy, and I can’t watch people struggle to survive. I can’t watch families queue at food banks just so they have enough to actually feed their kids this week. How can anyone look at that and think it’s fair? We are all the same. Those of us who are fortunate to not have to worry about money should one hundred percent shoulder more of the burden of contribution. That’s why some of the richest corporations in the country need to be brought to heel. I pledge to raise the tax on corporate and business income of those companies who bring in more than a quarter of a billion dollars per year by 5 percent. That will barely feel like a drop in the ocean to them, but imagine how much good it could do for families who have to choose between food and heating, between paying the rent or paying the utility bills.

Telegon is one of these companies opposing my plans, and Mark Gouldern is a heartless husk of a man, who only cares about the thickness of his own wallet, and not the well-being of our nation. Well, I for one care about our proud nation. A real American cares for all Americans, not just themselves.

That’s why Telegon, and Mark, should be brought to justice. Raise their taxes by just a small amount and see America thrive.

That’s why a vote for me is a vote for a better America, and a better world.

Vote Whitlock.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum