OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE DIFFERENCE IS THE PURPOSE Empty THE DIFFERENCE IS THE PURPOSE

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:32 am
Ladies and gentlemen of my inner circle,

This week we remove ourselves from the campaign trail. The public have started to feel a level of indifference. My presence has saturated their lives, and so I must take a step back. But my step back is only in presence, not in strategy and not in victory. Imperium, with me as its persuasive face, still rules the roost.

But we cannot give them too much of a good thing.

I have called you here this week because we have something of an issue on our hands. This week a time travelling collector of inane trinkets has set his sights on me, alongside his mad friends the former superhero wannabe and the sentient armour. Many people have accused me of betraying those who put their trust in me, and I’m sure Sigil will feel the same, but here is something Sigil will never say: Sigil and I, we’re more alike than he thinks.

Sigil has travelled through each plane of existence with his air of entitlement and taken what not only what he needs, but what he wants. His Mary Poppins bag of tricks has a collection that would make the hoarders from those daytime TV shows blush. But to get all of those items in his bag, he must have upset a lot of people. He must have dragged items from the hands of the vulnerable kicking and screaming with their every fibre and laughed at them.

His personal gain has been his only concern, and now he has the ability to move through time as well as space? He will only use this power for more of the same. But his personal gain comes at a loss to those around him, and that is why we have more in common than he thinks.

The difference is the purpose.

His purpose is only for personal gain. Those around him will never get the benefit because he is out of their lives and out of their realm faster than they can blink. But me? My purpose is much larger. Short term pain for long term gain is the only way the world can be put right, in my image. So yes those around me may hate me for a while. Yes a few of them may suffer. But the world needs to be cleansed. But I don’t have a magic portal to jump into another realm to get myself away from this. I don’t need one. I will be staying right here, right with all the people my choices affect. And that is the real difference.

A real man fronts up to his choices when they have such big consequences. I have made my choices but I will always be held accountable to the outcome of those choices. What about Sigil? Who will hold him accountable for the choices he has made and the things he has taken from the vulnerable and the week?

The answer, my friends, is WE WILL.

Imperium is the only way.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum