OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE MONSTER WITHIN Empty THE MONSTER WITHIN

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:33 am
We’ve all got pasts, we’ve all got presents, and most of us have futures.

I’ve spent a lot of my life thinking. I spend my time strategising, because that’s all I know, if I’m honest. I came here to OSW a broken man looking for a fix but the first time I stepped through those ropes was truly the first time. I’ve figured things out as I’ve gone along, but not because of years of training, but from watching, learning and thinking tactically.

I’ve learned the weak links from the strong. I’ve learned the talkers and the leave-well-alones. I’ve learned my allies from my enemies.

But most of all a place like this makes you learn about yourself.

I am proud of what I’ve accomplished, politically, since I started my career. I have done things many thought couldn’t be done, and for the most part I did them at a much younger age than my peers achieved anything similar. I’ve caused systemic changes, I’ve progressed motions into laws, I’ve turned movements into real power.

But although I am proud of all of that, coming here made me realise something. Through all of that goodness I had become weak. I became a pushover. I resisted BEG to start with and found that it made no difference. Nothing I said to a man with that power had any influence on him because he was already above that. That is when I made my decision to join Imperium. To use the power and the glory of others to change myself into a stronger version of me.

To find the monster within.

I still want the same things. I truly see the world in it’s best form and I know how to get there, except now I see that making omelettes means breaking a few eggs. The monster within me growls with hunger at the work ahead, but I know him now. The monster is a part of me and instead of fighting him to stay “pure” or “electable” I have found a way to make friends with him. That is where my strength lies.

But Helstrom is in a constant confrontation within himself. He can never find the solace I have found because the monster within him is a terrible thing. Tadoshi was a true monster. Tadoshi had no inner monster, his entire being was the monster, finding souls both good and bad and taking them all to the flames of hell. Tadoshi’s soul now lives in the armour Helstrom wears, and though I have battled hard to make peace with my monsters, Helstrom must battle hard every day to keep his locked up.

And though my inner monster means I can move forward with my plans for a better world, Helstrom’s inner monster would love nothing more than to see the world burn.

That’s why at The Eliminator it has to stop. A liberated monster, at peace with it’s host, against a trapped monster, conflicted and in constant battles with it’s host. It can only end one way.

Vote Whitlock. Driven by the right kind of monster.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum