OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

TALES....... Empty TALES.......

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:33 am
Once, a liar and a conman were accused of a serious crime. A young lady was returning home from a night out with friends when someone harassed her in the street. She was a savvy, girl and she managed to get away, but unfortunately didn’t get a close enough look at the criminals face.

She gave the police a description, and sure enough the police rounded up the two men who were the only ones within a close enough radius to have been able to have committed the crime. They were seated in separate interview rooms and then interviewed about the events of that evening.

The liar was asked for his version of events. He was a very observant man and used the body language of those interrogating him to figure out what they wanted. Then he spieled off his version of events, which were exactly what the police wanted to hear. Soon he had the police eating out of the palm of his hand.

The conman was asked for his version of events. He was a very creative man, and so he immediately concocted a story that put the liar in the frame, but kept himself out of it. His story was so convincing that the police had a hard time believing anything other than what he said.

The police were left with an impossible decision on their hands. Should they believe the man whose intention was to tell the story that the most people wanted to hear, whether or not that was the truth? Should they believe the man whose intention was to tell the story that protected himself the most?

That’s the tricky question, isn’t it Cryptkeeper? It lends itself to the situation we find ourselves in this week. I’ve been branded a liar for telling people that I can carry out the actions they want. Sometimes the actions I carry out seem to oppose the things they want, but what they don’t understand is that this is all part of a bigger picture.

You, Cryptkeeper, are the conman. You weave the story that keeps you as safe as possible, and you weave it in such a way that people trust you. Already, since you arrived in OSW, people have accepted you as the fount of all knowledge. They hear your tales and they believe them to be true, purely because you have said they are!

My story is not written in your tome. My path in life is is not mapped out in your head. You are a conman and a fraud.

So, out of the pair of us, who should people trust? The answer is this: you are only creating this vivid anecdote to benefit yourself, whereas my narrative gives the illusion of benefit to all, and so the trust must lie with me, for I have less balanced on personal gain.

And that is why, Cryptkeeper, the police arrested the conman for the crime. How can you trust the raconteur who stands to gain the most?

Vote for the man who puts the public first. Vote Whitlock.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum