OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

JUST ENOUGH Empty JUST ENOUGH

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:36 am
There are three main types of people in this world. The first live at the top of life’s mountain, constantly in or around the peak of their existence. The wolves of wall street, living each moment to it’s fullest, grabbing each opportunity with both hands and a gusto for more. These people take big risks for big rewards and are generally seen as successful in life.

The second live deep down in the trough of life, barely existing, shying away from the opportunities as if they were infectious. The meek mice of the world. These people take no risks for no rewards and are generally seen as the bottom dwellers in life.

I see myself as part of the first category. I have worked for a long time to get to where I am. I’ve overcome more than most people face in a lifetime, and I’ve treated every opportunity as gold dust, keeping it firmly in my sights until I get what I deserve. I have been, continue to be, and always will be successful, both because of all of the things I’ve face and in spite of them.

But I have no problem really, with either of the two options above. At least those at either end of the spectrum recognise their role in society and know their place. The winners win and the losers lose and that is just the way life is supposed to be. The third type of person is the one I have the real issue with. Those in the exact centre, unable to commit to either existence. Those who don’t have the required drive to be a winner in life, but don’t have the humility to accept their place on the scrap heap of life either.

These type of people are the true Average Joe. They do just enough.

They do just enough to get by.

They earn just enough to pay their bills.

They care just enough to consume the news.

They know just enough to ingest what the mainstream media tells them is the truth.

But it gets to a point where just enough is NOT enough.

Pickpocket falls squarely in this bracket. He has lived a life that exemplifies the Just Enough attitude. He has no intention of mastering his craft, criminal as his craft is. If you truly have to be a thief in life, surely the big targets are what you aim for? Surely if you steal things to pay your way, then you may as well figure out how to steal diamonds, or rob a bank?

But Pickpocket doesn’t want to hone his skills.

On the other hand, he also refuses to stay down, even after his partner in crime was put out to permanent pasture recently. He refuses to accept his place at the bottom of the heap, and tries just enough to cling on to relevance long enough to be put in this match with me.

Well this week it stops. This week just enough is not enough. This week just enough will reunite you with Scrimshaw.

Vote Whitlock.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum