OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

BATTLES... Empty BATTLES...

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:39 am
I have known battles in my life. I have the battle scars to prove it, both mentally and physically. I have take personal hits for the good of the American people. But I have always known my place. As much as I want to make the world better, I can only do that if the people vote for me to do that. Because of that small but significant fact, I have devoted my career to being as open and as honest as I can be.

Because information is key, and information is power. Without information there is no planning for the battle our country faces to get back on its feet. A sleeping giant, ready to be awoken from its slumber. But that awakening needs to be twofold, and we need to open our eyes to some hard truths that need addressing.

Did you know that at last count the US military accounted for over half of discretionary spend, at nearly $600 billion? Did you know that America accounts for over a third of the total global military spend? And for what? Many other developed countries spend a lot less, both in actual money and as a percentage of their total spend, and don’t fall apart.

The reason is simple. The military are no long there to protect the people of America. The military have been weaponised by those in power at the White House. The military are no long soldiers fighting for what is right, instead they are trained warmongers, trained assassins, feasting on the oil gained by the deaths of many innocent men, women and children.

We have told ourselves that this is okay. These deaths were foreigners, not Americans. A few bodies to sweep under the rug is nothing in the name of freedom. But what is freedom anyway, if you pay such a high cost? America has become a laughing stock because it is no longer the land of the brave, it is full of cowards who use lethal force to get a payout.

The war is no longer an external one. It’s an internal one.

Malice, you know this as well as I. Being in the military is supposed to be this big, grand thing. A cause for immense pride and celebration. Something for your parents to beam about as they talk about you to their friends and neighbours.

That’s not right though, is it?

How many times have you woken up in cold sweats? How many times have you been unable to sleep because of the images replaying in your mind? How many miles have you run at the gym, just trying to get away from the monster over your shoulder?

They say war changes a man. But the really important war is the one in your own head, as you figure out what you already know is right. Fight against that innate patriotism and look a little closer. See that all you are is a gun for hire. The sooner you realise you’re even more of a corporate puppet than I am the better.

Vote Whitlock.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum