OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

DUSK [vs Helios] Empty DUSK [vs Helios]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:10 am
There aren’t many things you can be certain of in this new world we live in. You can be sure that there will be good guys and bad guys. You can be sure that there will always be a struggle between these two factions. You can be certain the sun will rise in the east and set in the west. At the end of every day, no matter how well the day went, no matter what took place, the same thing occurs. You can be certain the sun will go down, and the day will end.

The sun will set, and twilight will begin – a magical moment in time where anything can happen, so say the superstitious. When every fantasy is just that bit more likely to come to fruition. This brief window of time is often the highlight for many animals, bringing calm after chaos, bringing order where there was none.

And then, Dusk. Dusk is when the sun is extinguished, when darkness truly takes hold and the light and energy that once bathed the world is no more. Dusk is the point of change. After dusk comes night.

Dusk is now, for those who threaten the safety of this world. Helios, you have had your time in the sun, experiencing the good times as the energy of your life’s purpose propels you from day to day. You’ve seen the twilight hour, where anything can happen – the dead continue to come back to life, your enemies disappear into thin air behind doors both real and in your head, armies fall and innocents suffer at the hand of your Mad King. And now comes your dusk. Helios…sun…you are about to be extinguished to make way for the darkness, and I must be the one that brings that darkness to you.

I have spent so long trying to cast light on the problems facing the Tap Room that I had not considered the possibility of fighting fire with fire, fighting the darkness in your souls with the darkness in mine. And I have darkness in my soul. I have seen people die in front of me. I have seen my actions bring about the Mad King’s ascension to the Underworld throne. This dusk will bring my redemption, and my vengeance.

After dusk comes darkness…night. And this will be your darkness, consuming you, unseen from all angles…your night. And boy do you have a Long Night in front of you. I am running short of options. My allies have fallen, and I must stand firm in the eyes of Janus, and I must deliver you into this Long Night one way or another, leaving you to rot, as you should have done when you died.

Things that were certain before are no longer certain. The sun has set now, but the sunrise is nowhere in sight. The Long Night is upon us, and this dusk is the doorway to your darkness, the gateway to your demise.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum