OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE OPPOSITION Empty THE OPPOSITION

Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:02 am
Politics is very divisive. When you’re involved in politics you are quite regularly placed in various dichotomies. Left versus right, good versus bad, conservative versus liberal. And for the most part it is true. In my time in British politics I spent much of my time as a fighting member of the opposition party. Part of those responsible for scrutinising the elected party’s policies and ensuring that they are living up to their promises.

And that opposition is good. That thirst for constant challenging of the norms is part of the political revolution I aim for. But it’s not nearly enough. I think the days of party politics draw to a close. There is no dichotomy in politics anymore. Nothing is as simple as black and white. There are left leaning conservatives and there are right leaning liberals.

The future of politics is ideologies. Officials elected on solely on their own personal brand of politics, surrounded by the experience of others in areas they lack in. Groups that are based on skill and merit rather than money or birthright. True cross-party politics, to the point of the extinction of the parties themselves, and a belief that the best version of this world is one where we all work towards it as equals and with respect for the differences in our viewpoints.

And so this week I team up with my enemies in very much the same way. I will stand, briefly united with the intelligence and innovation they both hold, against a common enemy. And though I still disagree with their methods, I truly believe that the better world I look for still contains them within it.

But as there is a strength in recognising the positives in your enemies, there is also a weakness in refusing to see the negatives in your allies. And Malice has been guilty of that time and time over. The War Machine – a fraternity bromance, the likes of which have never been seen in OSW – suddenly and harshly turned on it’s head by one of their own. And Malice, blinded by love, refused to see the negatives in Major Thom, and now Bishop is brutalised with blood that doesn’t belong to him, and Malice stands weakened, not strengthened, by his reliance on those who shared his ideology.

There is a saying that three heads are better than one, but that is only true if the three heads come up with varying ideas. Three heads thinking the same idea is just like when you get the same letter from your bank three times over containing the new terms and conditions. You get the same outcome and three times the resources wasted. The combined three heads of myself, Gouldern and Anonymous are opposite enough that our shared resource is pooled not wasted. And this week, standing alone in that ring as Major Thom ensures your loneliness lasts the whole match, and Bishop is nowhere to be seen, you’ll soon realise that keeping your friends close is well and good, but you need to keep your enemies closer still.

Vote Whitlock.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum