OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA [vs Proteus] Empty THE OLD MAN OF THE SEA [vs Proteus]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:11 am
A long time ago, in a land far from the Tap Room, there was a wise King of Sparta. Despite the fact he is left out of most history books in favour of his ex-wife Helen of Troy, the wise King Menelaus was a central figure in many of the famous Greek points in history including the Trojan War.

But, above this, he is known for being part of the Odyssey as told by Homer. Menelaus, on his way back from the Trojan War, encounters The Old Man of The Sea. The Old Man of The Sea is a nefarious entity, known for tricking others into doing his bidding on the promise of honest answers. It was said that if any man could capture The Old Man and keep him captured, come what may, The Old Man would answer any question truthfully to his knowledge.

The problem lay not with capturing him, as many discovered, but with keeping him captured. The Old Man was able to take many forms, including animals. This meant that the captor almost never kept The Old Man long enough to ask him the questions they sought the answer to.

Menelaus was different, and through the tribulations, successfully kept The Old Man captured. The Old Man, true to his word, asked him what he wanted to know, and Melenaus, having lost contact with close friend Odysseus during the war, asked if he were alive, receiving his answer straight away.

The Old Man of The Sea has been known by many different names throughout the years, but there is one name he goes by that is very familiar.

Proteus.

Proteus, you have used your trickery to infiltrate the Royal Camp on several occasions, changing forms as you please, even taking on the form of another human when necessary. But that stops this week. I have been given a chance to capture The Old Man for myself and ask him any question I choose. I have an advantage, as I have watched you in recent weeks, noting how you change form, what you prefer.

And just like your partner Helios, you will fall. You will fall to the modern-day Menelaus and remain captured as long as necessary. And when you have been captured, and proved unsuccessful in your attempts to escape, I will then begin my true work.

The question I will ask you, Proteus, is a simple one. You will have no choice but to answer me, when – after I pin you to that mat for the three-count – I ask you to tell me the weaknesses of Lee Crowley. What is the best way to see him lose? How can I take the Underworld away from his grasp?

You will squirm as the truth escapes your lips without your consent. You’ll feel your lungs explode from keeping it in. It won’t matter. The truth will out, Old Man, and this week opens a door for yours truly. A door of knowledge and great power for the side of good in this war, and a key to winning.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum