OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

MASKS OF EVIL [vs The Watchmen] Empty MASKS OF EVIL [vs The Watchmen]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:18 am
There are many reasons for a man to wear a mask. They’ve been around for millenia, providing protection, entertainment, and disguise. I have seen many masks – the death masks of the Underworld’s dead, the twin masks of Janus, the mask this husk of a body used to wear on the back of his head just as a few examples.

Masks often represent more than the physical object. Masks serve a purpose, and that gives you an insight to what the wearer stands for more than any words can. The irony in an object used for identity obfuscation serving to identify them on a deeper level is not one that has gone unnoticed.

There once was a small Irish boy, barely a man, who desired to fit in more than anything. He wished it so hard that he never gave up, and eventually gained his mask. He masquerades his mask as one of pride and hard work, but this serves no purpose other than self-gratification. For his mask of greed was something he wanted for his own gain, and not the needs of others.

Another man, steeped this time in self-deprecation, wore a mask to hide his face. His mask is portrayed as one of family tradition. However, his father was disgusted, his family hated him for dragging their reputation through the mud, and he couldn’t take it. He parades around with frivolity and slapstick to hide that his mask is one of sadness and rejection.

There was a third man, who held remorse deeper than Marianas trench. He had tried to live a good life, but through the actions of others – so he claimed – he committed heinous acts. He murdered and feasted on the flesh of his foes. He wears his mask as if he were a superhero, but his mask is one of blame. He will not take responsibility for his own actions, so his mask acts as a shield, deflecting to those who wronged him.

A final man, wracked with guilt, wears his mask in dedication to his fallen father, to continue his legacy the only way he knows how – by finishing the job his father could not. But his mask holds a darker purpose. His mask is one of regret, for his father fell at his own son’s cruel words, taking his own life as his son took his heart and broke it in two.

These masks hide the villains behind these so-called heroes. An egotist, a fool, a cannibal and a killer. A group of heroes the comic writers could only dream of in their darkest nightmares.

Under this shroud of mine, I wear Kanohi Vahi, the venerated and powerful mask of time. It helps me control the speed of time around me and helps me serve my King. There is no secret with my masks purpose. My mask serves its purpose proudly.

So, Watchmen, don your masks of evil as we enter the final battle, and see where your lies have led you. The truth will become obvious even to the blind. It is just a matter of time.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum