OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

ZOOLOGY I: THE POLAR BEAR Empty ZOOLOGY I: THE POLAR BEAR

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:51 pm
What is your favourite animal, class?

Statistically, most people out there will answer one of the following:

People who value loyalty and companionship tend to favour dogs. It’s understandable. As mans best friend, the dog serves a great purpose in this world. Dogs often take the submissive role in an owner-pet relationship due to their ability to understand training and commands and therefore are often favoured by owners who are assertive.

People who value poise and cunning tend to favour cats. Cats often serve as the dominant role in the relationship due to the fact that they pretty much just do what they want. They are harder to train and therefore suit owners who are more laid back and less assertive.

The third most common, amongst people who value…well, cuteness and ease, are small mammals. Hamsters, rabbits, gerbils, mice and others in that range. These animals take on the dependant role in a relationship. They not only submit to the human like a dog would, but in fact would struggle to survive without human care. They are often favoured by owners who have less time, energy or patience to commit to a pet.

Most people pick these, because when you ask someone’s favourite animal, their instinct is to go with something relatable to them. Someone who has had experience with an animal is more likely to deem it their favourite. This is a result of reactive thinking, being put on the spot. I doubt many of you thought about a duck-billed platypus when I asked the question, right?

I cheated a little. I thought about this question a lot before I asked you today. My answer is not a pet, but it is just as relatable to me.

My favourite animal is the POLAR BEAR.

The polar bear is such a majestic animal. A carnivorous hunter that uses its instinct and devours its prey in minutes.

The polar bear is smart too. It has evolved over the years to adapt to an ever changing environment that is full of threats to its well-being. The places it feels safe become ever fewer but it is still feared by those who live alongside it.

But the reason I feel an affinity to the polar bear is that they are an animal that actually trains. Polar bears from the same celebration duel each other to sharpen their reflexes and build their strength. Even the closest of allies must sometimes fight to ensure they are strong enough to survive. And that is what I must do with Luther Creed this week.

People often think that fighting can drive a wedge between a team, but they couldn’t be more wrong. If you fight with the right intention, it can actually bring a tighter union. The Revolution is officially in training this week, and when we come out of the other side we’ll be an upgraded force, ready to fight with more vim and vigour than ever before.

And then? The Revolution will rise.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum