OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE BALLAD OF BERENGAR Empty THE BALLAD OF BERENGAR

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:03 am
Some time ago, whilst overlooking some vital maintenance in my secret lair, I came across a mask. The mask was special to me, because it reminded me of a time gone by. A hero wore that mask, the first hero I ever defeated.

This hero was one who many thought had a bright future ahead of him. He had considered from a very young age that his skills and talents would take him wherever he wanted to go in life, and those around him filled his head with the same idea. His powers were aplenty. He had the means to combat anything and anyone who stood in his way.

His problem was not with his ability. His problem was with his desire. Although he could defeat all the bad guys who stood before him, he did not have the motivation to do it. He could not see the purpose in taking them down because he did not care about the end game. He only cared about the action.

Soon enough, it was obvious he was not born to be a superhero. So I took his mask, and I kept it hidden away inside my lair. Sometimes I look at it to remind myself of the insecurity in that hero’s mind.

The same insecurity I see in yours, Berengar, the self-proclaimed Knight of The Void. You stare into your own personal void every day as you contemplate the life you have chosen and continue to choose. You have become bitter at your very purpose in life – to save people from the disasters that have weathered your mind and your skin for years. You have become weary, loathe to carry the mantle of hero through the ages as you once did with great vim and vigour. You are no longer Berengar The Protector.

And why is this? Because you have stopped caring about these other people. You enjoy the questing, and the pillaging and the plaudits but you don’t care for these peasants who praise you for saving their planets. Very similar to the hero I talk of.

I’ve got just the thing to help you complete your transformation away from the hero you used to be to the new you. Here it is.

A mirror.

Take a long look at yourself in it, and you will soon realise I am telling the truth. You are no hero. You’re just as bad as me. Funny that, Berengar. This mask belonged to me. It was me all along Berengar! I realised I only saved people because I enjoyed the chase, not because I cared about the insignificant ants around me. Once I had realised this, my old mask came off, and this darker mask replaced it. Now I chase down you self-proclaimed heroes to rid the world of you because that is end game enough.

Berengar, use this mirror wisely, and tell me what you see. Do you see the fairest of them all, doomed to be poisoned by the evil witch, or are you the cunning one, using the poison, willing to do anything to achieve your aims?
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum