OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE DENIAL OF DEVI-NATE-OR Empty THE DENIAL OF DEVI-NATE-OR

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:04 am
If there is one thing I hate in a superhero, it’s when they don’t take responsibility for their own actions. There is nothing worse than a man who uses his powers selfishly. I am not a selfish man. I want to take over the world, yes, but that’s because I will make the world better for everyone, equally. That is selfless. Completely selfless.

There is a man, a SUPERHERO, who has such abilities that could be used to great effect, but he is too self-involved to see it.

Let’s call this superhero…The Devi-Nate-or.

For years now, as technology gets better, superheroes have had to deal with more and more. It used to be small fry, the odd laser here and there, but now we know more and we build more, and the blasts of energy we can shoot straight down your throats grows and grows. So it is natural that superheroes try and find a way around that.

Devi-Nate-or has the perfect opportunity to be that hero. This power he has, to protect the world from the harm us Villains could wreak upon it, also has other uses, which appeal to his nature much more. But he is just one change of mind away from being a threat.

So, I must stop this power, to keep it from falling into the wrong hands of someone who cares to use their full potential. But what can stop a man who can avoid anything? Some trickery is needed.

Something from within.

DASH

A small amount of this liquid.

TRICKLE

Some of this too.

PINCH

Throw in some powder from my collection. And there we have it. This tonic will alleviate his abilities. No, no, it will do more than that. This concoction will cause his ability to invert.

No longer will he deflect, but now he will attract. Danger will be drawn to him, and he will not know how to save the world even if he wanted to.

You see, Devi-Nate-Or has the superpower of DEFLECTION. He has spent all his life building up defences against the world. He uses his powers to deflect blame from the crimes he has commited, to deflect responsibility for the drugs infiltrating the society. He uses his power to make others, like Luke Cole, take the fall for his failings.

He is not yet a hero, but with a timely epiphany he could realise is deflection could negate nuclear bombs. With time to think he could realise that war is no longer a viable option. He could neutralise the earth in one fell swoop.

That is why he must drink this blend of the finest ingredients. For medicinal purposes. To protect those of us who’re required to use force to save the world from itself. The cracks have started to show in his deflective shield already – his goonish disciples are already out of the picture. He is vulnerable. He is open to a little…tampering within the lunchbox. And when he thinks his orange juice might be on the turn because it tastes off?

BOOM.

His power will be neutralised instead.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum