OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE AVENGERS ASSIMILATION Empty THE AVENGERS ASSIMILATION

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:08 am
There was an idea, to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more. So that when the world needed them, they could fight the battles the world never could. And whilst Nick Fury brought the Avengers together to do battle with Thanos, Lincoln Hex brought together the Vindicators to do battle with me.

The Avengers were a group of semi-successful superheroes who eventually came across a being so powerful that individually they were rendered useless. Their powers paled in comparison to the might of Thanos as he traversed the universe to complete his collection. Where once these heroes had freely saved the world from lesser foes, they now stood rooted, unable to fathom how it had come to this.

The Avengers had within their ranks a plucky everyman just excited to be helping, a man who relies on a mystical accessory and a man who knew gadgetry inside out – sound familiar?

Redwing, the gutsy guy who seems starstruck by those around him, desperate to make his mark since the bad men took his family from him just like Spiderman. Spero, the costumed beacon of optimism, relying from an item forged in mystery, just like Captain America, though he favoured a shield over a ring. Gameboy, who knows gadgets like the back of his hand just like good old Iron Man, Tony Stark, though Gameboy has a much closer relationship with his gadgets than Tony ever did.

And then there is Mysterion. The guy who wants to make the world a better place, who is trying to show people that he knows what is good for the world, but is facing the same barriers as Thanos. People are too stubborn for their own good and cannot see the trees for the forest. There will come a day when these same people realise I was right all along, and they will sigh. For most of them, it will be their last thought as the life drains out of them. I imagine that is what it will take to show the Vindicators that I have the world’s best interests at heart.

Thanos wanted to control the resources of the world by eliminating half of all living things. A nice idea in theory, but with half of all livestock presumably amongst that number the issue was not really solved. He did not think big enough. Put simply, the only living beings that I need to destroy are superheroes. These heroes cannot see the bigger picture and put the world in greater danger just by their existence. They must be wiped out.

And so I have been working on my own Infinity Gauntlet. It is just missing some precious gems, and then it will be complete. At Ring King, Spero’s blue ring will become the Hope Stone, Redwing’s armour sigil will become the Courage Stone, and Gameboy’s glowing green LCD screen will become the Life Stone.

And once all three combine, it will only take a snap of my fingers, and like Thanos, my work will be done, and the world will be a better place.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum