OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE EXCALIBUR ENHANCEMENT Empty THE EXCALIBUR ENHANCEMENT

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:08 am
Many times I’ve spoken of the superheroes I have fought, and the superheroes still to defeat in the OSW, for there are more here than I dare to think about. It is easy, because of this, to get lost in an endless debate with yourself over these OSW names. Just look at those I have recently vanquished – undeniably superheroes and undeniably led by themselves as people.

Each of the Vindicators I have faced until now has shown me one thing – they control their own destiny in the battles they choose and they fight with determination to succeed with their powers, no matter how misplaced that determination is.

But you, Berengar? I find no such determination within you. I see an old soul driven to ceaseless bitterness because of his endless losses throughout time and space. You, Berengar, are how Spero, Redwing and Gameboy will end up in 20 years’ time if they do not open their eyes and see the light. You have chased the evil across this universe and the evil has always won. You have become weary and you now fight because it’s all you know how to do, rather than because you WANT to.

And it’s this reasoning that leads me to say this, Void Knight: I do not worry about you this week. You are irrelevant. Because your superpower is not from within as with those I have faced previously. Your superpower is your sentient sword, Vigilkeeper.

It’s easy to see my tactics from here, really. Vigilkeeper is the source of any remaining power you posses, and therefore I must take the sword out of the equation. And it is because of this I have spoken to my good friend the Doc to see if we can’t invent something to help.

Looking back through history, if someone wants to make it hard for a hero to come across a sword, laying it within a challenge, or out of sight are the two main options. Think of the famous Excalibur for example, locked within a stone with only one being able to remove it. Or think of the sword of Godric Gryiffindor, hidden away and helping only those who need it.

So my options are two.

I must either find a way to hide Vigilkeeper out of sight, or I must create a binding. And it was a binding that won. I have now, within my possession something so spectacular. Created in conjunction with the great mind of the crazy scientist, we have an ASTRO-PARTICLE MAGNET CLAMP.

Like a futuristic equivalent of the stone that kept Excalibur away from the wrong hands, this BEAUTIFUL mechanical wonder will keep Vigilkeeper out of your hands. And without Vigilkeeper, you are just an old man, wandering and wondering through an almost infinite universe, spitting bile on the injustices around you but without the power to make a difference.

Welcome to your new life, Berengar, it suits you!
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum