OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE COMMUNITY CONSPIRACY Empty THE COMMUNITY CONSPIRACY

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:09 am
“Do something nice for the community,” my Mother told me when I was younger. “Make sure you give back,” she continued. It’s a novel concept. As a youngster I listened to her, but in reality that same community she pushed me to reward had never done anything for me. I’d see stories on TV about tight-knit neighbourhoods where everyone knew everyone’s name and you’d maybe walk to the shops and experience several smiles and waves and “Good Morning”s.

My reality was not so sunny. My neighbourhood was full of people you didn’t want knowing your name. If I walked to the shops I would do it fast, with my collar and hood up and my head down, because looking the wrong way at the wrong person was a quick ticket to a hospital visit.

But, give back to the community I did. I tried to help with some local charity days, but the small fry thugs came and kicked over the collection buckets and stole the mascot. I tried to help the other kids at school who didn’t have the smarts I did only for one of them to swirly me the next day.

And despite all of this, I then donned a mask not too different from the one I wear today and stood for my community as a hero. Did I get a thanks? No. I was mocked and shunned by the very people I wanted to help. They called me a nuisance and said they’d be better off without a hero getting in the way.

So the hero disappeared.

And they got Mysterion instead.

Community is a lie. Community is dead.

There is no better VINDICATION for this than my own past.

In the world of superheroes, I’ve found they often band together into groups. I presume its for safekeeping, or to keep each other company like a group of girls all heading to the restroom at the same time on a night out, but I’ve never truly understood it. But this sense of togetherness is all a fabrication.

The Vindicators have there own little mini community that they either think or pretend is working, but the cracks are already beginning to show, as made evident by the match not too long ago in which Redwing, Spero and Gameboy had the opportunity to take this piece of gold from me and return it to the side of the do-gooders.

But none of them could overcome their selfishness for the greater good and the belt stayed with me. The reason none of them could overcome their selfishness is because they are inherently and unabashedly SELFISH and GREEDY. No better than the thugs I used to avoid just with added glitter and a great PR campaign.

The community of three couldn’t keep me down when I was by myself, so how on earth does your community of two hope to achieve any better with the odds stacked even better in my favour?

The truth is I don’t need a single thing from my book of tricks this week. You’re already lost.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum