OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE COPYCAT CONCERN Empty THE COPYCAT CONCERN

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:10 am
Few things seem less heroic than being an angel. A creature whose purpose is to watch over humans because they are more powerful and more intelligent than them. An angel is a glorified babysitter for a baby that never asked to be sat.

I find the concept of a guardian angel to be an interesting one, given that I am not a religious man. The mere fact that Shadow exists at all caused me to wonder what else I was missing. At least until I watched him. Then I realised he is no angel. More powerful and intelligent than humans? I barely broke sweat as I took his title. Guarding humans from harm? Tell that to D’Von Chambers who now lies six feet under, the hole in his rotting abdomen now the home to an infestation of worms.

Shadow, you fear becoming human, but you already are. Many of your foes have outsmarted you, but there is a foe that you have yet to meet who threatens to change your life forever.

There is a certain irony that you share a name.

You see, Shadow, whilst you aren’t a superhero, the man who has turned you into a quivering wreck with migraine issues is the real hero. And he is known as The Shadow.

I thought he was long gone – in fact I have never met him before, but I’ve heard of his adventures from the stories of the elder villains. They warned me not to cross his path because he has very strong and unusual powers that he has only strengthened throughout the following decades.

The Shadow is a man known originally as Kent Allard, who fought in the first World War on the side of the French. Once the War was over he found himself no longer satisfied with purely peace, and instead found challenge in waging a war on crime. He faked his own death, and when he returned to the States he assumed many identities to carry out his work.

During his travels in the Orient before his return, he learned a mysterious power, and became The Shadow.

He learned how to cloud a man’s mind, so they could not see him.

Your mind has been clouded to the point of no return. The pain you feel leaves you so vulnerable, yet so unaware of what is happening all around you. For The Shadow follows you, fallen angel. He has been with you for a while. He sees you for what you are – a low rate criminal, preying on the fears of the public, pretending to offer protection and delivering none.

USING HIS NAME IN VAIN.

It won’t be much longer, angel, until this affliction he causes you is complete, and your head will split wide open from the pain. And when you look up, fear in your eyes and dread in your heart this VHS, barely able to see through the agony, know this. You will find no help here, no matter how much you beg. I am just waiting to kick you back to the gutter you belong in.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum