OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

THE LUCK LAMENTATION Empty THE LUCK LAMENTATION

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:12 am
I try to plan things as much as circumstance allows. Considering all the options gives you the best chance at winning. Winning in the ring, or winning at life, it doesn’t matter – preparation does. That’s why when I took on the Vindicators I had a file that held all the details I knew about them. Their preferred moves, their tactics…

Their weaknesses.

I became obsessed with details when I was younger. My family in general were your average bunch but some of them were very particular about how things should or shouldn’t be. When we had a family gathering I would be asked to make the first drinks. The first couple of times I screwed up and against a backdrop of people spitting out their drinks in disgust I felt a wave of disgust with myself.

The next time they arrived I was prepared. I had researched. When we visited their houses in the time in between I paid close attention. I asked around. Made jokes so that people would clarify in return.

“Can you get the drinks?” my mother asked me.

“Sure,” I replied.

And so I went into the kitchen and made a strong tea, little milk with a flat sugar for my Grandma, a white coffee with one sweetener for my Aunt, a sparkling water for my Uncle, a can of diet Coke for my Father, a can of diet Pepsi for Caleb and a thick strawberry milkshake for me.

Their faces were impressed, and for young me I enjoyed having that power to influence how people saw me. Perception is four fifths of reality, and I wanted people to see me as I felt – smart, knowledgeable, precise. I never lost that enjoyment, so I never lost my preference for planning.

I carried it with me wherever I went because to be prepared is key. When I was wasting my time as a superhero I still had a dossier of known villains for homework when business was slow. This then became my book of contacts when I realised that the Superheroes were the real bad guys.

And why is all of this important?

Because I plan everything as far as I possibly can, I don’t leave anything to chance. No stone is left unturned.

I don’t believe in luck for luck’s sake.

I believe that some people naturally have better things happen to them, sure, but I don’t live my life around that.

Some do.

Charlie Pryce does.

He draws his power from the Luck of The Irish, but where has it got him? If he’d done his research he would have known about Bandito’s Guild, realised that their modus operandi involves tests and traps like they set for him with Prettybody’s car, and he would have planned how to make that work best in his favour.

And that’s the big difference between a Superzero like Pryce, and someone like me. I know what is coming before even he does. He doesn’t stand a chance this week – his LUCK will run out.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum