OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

COMPROMISE [vs Solomon Rhodes and Captain Zappa] Empty COMPROMISE [vs Solomon Rhodes and Captain Zappa]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:06 am
[A globe, in pitch blackness, rotates slowly. A voice speaks.]

“The earth, depending on which theory you subscribe to, is either thousands or millions of years old. Either way, religion, science – or a hybrid of the two – the earth is a relic to behold in awe and wonder. A hunk of land, half underwater, spinning at great speed in the depths of space, for millenia, largely untouched and mostly unthreatened.

Now this earth is threatened to its core, shaken by a Virus that dwells, for now, only within the Tap Room. But for how long?

If you ask me which theory I believe in, I subscribe to a hybrid. It is clear to me that the earth cannot have existed only for a few thousand years. You can see the history, feel it coursing through every tree, every river. Every being – human or otherwise – pumps with the blood of our past.

So, the earth is older than most religion places it, as far as I can see, yet such an earth could not have existed without the majesty of a higher power. How can humans, with exceptional ability and knowledge have occurred by accident? That is also where the argument for aliens exist – if we were created and put on this planet by a higher power, then that explains why there is no life on the planets we do not inhabit. But then surely, in a Universe as vast as ours, there must be something else.

And reaching a middle ground like that is a give and take. It’s hard to believe in a greater power but also believe in the science that has been proven over the decades. Some of the important views from each side must be compromised.

And compromise often promotes weakness. And weakness often results in loss.

Science and religion meet once again in the ring at VHS, forced to cohabit and forced to compromise. Both saviours of this lump of rock we call home, but both opposed in what that earth represents.

On the side of science, Captain Zappa believes he has been chosen by the Zeta alien race to save earth, or whatever they deem as saving. Aliens, presumably, against the idea of a singular higher power as it negates their existence.

Solomon Rhodes, now chosen by the Knights Templar, also aims to save the earth. But his intentions are driven by the Catholic God that underpins the Templar.

When they step into the ring this week as a team, they must put aside their differences to win – they must compromise part of what makes them who they are to work together. This compromise will only make them weaker as they become a watered-down version of themselves. Does it even matter, given what is happening in the bowels of the Tap Room? It should do. We have no room for watered-down saviours. The saviours in this war that has already begun need to be strong and know exactly who they are and what they stand for. Can these two really claim that?

Can they finish what they started, like I must?”

[The globe stops spinning. Fade.]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum