OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

INBETWEENWORLD [ with Bobby Neptune & Hades vs Mother, Scarecrow & Captain Zappa] Empty INBETWEENWORLD [ with Bobby Neptune & Hades vs Mother, Scarecrow & Captain Zappa]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:56 am
[The room is bright, dazzling to look at – the opposite of where we last saw Ordell, excaping the clutches of Hades in the Underworld. When your eyes adjust to the glare, the room is very interesting to behold, each wall is full (as are the ceiling and floor) with a variety of doors in all shapes and sizes. On one wall, recessed slightly, is a round, silver door. It is in this curved recess where we see him now.]

“Oh, do you like it?” [he asks, to nobody in particular] “This is what I like to call my Inbetweenworld. Janus showed me this place recently, when he granted me the ability to hop between doors. This is the hub, where I can reside between places, between entering one door and exiting another. I can tell you, I much prefer this Inbetweenworld to Hades’ Underworld. That place is much too dark. I could barely see the lock to enter Janus’ key into earlier this week. I hope you liked your little surprise Hades. While I am just a mortal as you never fail to remind me, Janus is not, and Janus is angry with you Hades.”

[Terminus reaches up and turns the handle of this rotund door, and rolls backwards through it, suddenly gone. We hear a whistle and the camera spins to the opposite wall, Ordell now leaning against a column of ornate brickwork surrounding a bright red, wooden door.]

“This is an odd week, for sure. I’ve never been one to settle for average, for the middle ground, but this week that is exactly where I am. This week I find myself in a real life Inbetweenworld. On one side, we have a team full of monsters. Mother herself, the creator of all evil. Scarecrow, the least favourite of all of Mother’s children.” [Ordell raises one hand to cup his mouth and whispers] “He must be hitting the terrible twos, they’re so whiny at that age” [he drops his hand back down] “And worst of all Captain Zappa. Many people would consider murder the ultimate crime, but I think Zappa is worse. He committed homicide at Ring King without so much as raising a hand, and that, my friends, is true evil – a real monster at work. Mother will be getting jealous. Maybe you and Scarecrow will both get a lump of coal from your Mother this Christmas for being such bad boys.”

[Terminus walks forward now, spotting a door not unlike something from a spaceship, in the floor and taps it, causing it to open with a beep. He shrugs and drops through. Almost instantly we hear a “Whoa!” from above and we can see Terminus now hanging by one hand from an aeroplane door on the ceiling. He grabs for the emergency handle and an inflatable slide pops out, granting him a safe return to the floor.]

“But while that’s an awful trio, just look on the other side. Fighting these monsters are a team comprised of yours truly and two more monsters. Bobby Neptune, the murderer himself, manipulated beyond all reason, and Hades, the God who traps people’s souls for all eternity in Tartarus. What is a man to do when these monsters all surround him? I have to keep my balance. This week the age-old adage rings true. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. This week, despite what that OSW poster says, there are five enemies to keep a close eye on, and little old me, stuck in Inbetweenworld. And just like this Inbetweenworld, I know all the passages to keep me safe inside the real life, moral Inbetweenworld.”

[As Ordell stands, the slide retracts back into the aeroplane door, which close. In front of him one more door remains open. He walks through to find himself in the Tap Room.]

“I could stay in the other one, and let you all take it out on each other, but where would be the fun in that. No, no, this week we all take to this ring, and like it or not I will have to find a way to work with two monsters. But both of my Inbetweenworlds will remain intact, and win or lose, I can walk away knowing I am no monster, like them.”

[He sits on a turnbuckle, looking pleased with himself.]

“They say a hero slays monsters, and this week just might be my Gateway to Greatness.”

[Fade.]
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum