OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

WEAKNESS.. Empty WEAKNESS..

Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:04 am
When I was younger I was told a man shouldn’t cry. I was told it was my job to keep up appearances through everything life throws at us, and although that is seen as incorrect and damaging in today’s society, back then it was normal, and it helped me to prepare for my life. There is no doubt in my mind that without my upbringing I wouldn’t be where I am today. I have become the future leader of this great nation because I was taught from a young age how to be strong.

It took me many years and lots of trial and error, but now look at me. I’m physically strong, because I stand before you a champion of OSW. I’m mentally strong, because despite the scars both physically and otherwise I have battled through hardships others could only dream of overcoming and kept my composure in the face of almost insurmountable challenges. I’m fiscally strong because I have had a great and bountiful career, which puts me in a good position to give back to the community as part of my pledge to make the world a better place for everyone.

But to to become as strong as I’ve become, I’ve had to overcome a lot of weakness. I gave too many second chances to so many people who wanted to do me wrong. I trusted the wrong people to have my best interests at heart. I always saw only the good in people. All of these things show weakness in a man of leadership potential.

Weakness that I’ve seen in others too.

Others like Redwing.

Redwing, who for all his swagger, couldn’t show the physical strength required to save his family from a terrible death. Who was unable to protect those he had vowed to protect the most.

Redwing, who couldn’t show the mental strength to withstand the demons that drove him to Edward Newton’s aid, and that set him on his path of wrath against Luke Storm and the Sharkman. Who was twisted and turned against his very core principles through guilt.

Redwing, who despite proclaiming himself as a superhero, has done very little to show that he deserves that title in the time I have spent being aware of his existence. I have found him to be easily swayed, as manipulatable as putty, and naïve to the point of ridicule. I have found that he makes big promises that he can’t deliver, and this is something I cannot abide, because to overpromise and underdeliver is possibly one of the worst weaknesses to have.

As I said, Redwing, I have stamped out all of the weaknesses I know within myself, to become the strongest version of me. And you are just another weakness I will wipe from my life this week. And that is something I am definitely not overpromising, and I would never dream of underdelivering.

If you want strength in leadership, instead of weakness in cowardice: Vote Whitlock.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum