OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

A WARM WELCOME [vs Lee Crowley] Empty A WARM WELCOME [vs Lee Crowley]

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:20 am
A friend came to see me once, and though I had not seen him in some time, it was like we had never been apart. Within minutes we were laughing and joking about the good old days. When that friend came to my door, I greeted him as though I had seen him every day for the whole of my life.

Me and my family are on great terms. We’ve always been close, and though we lead busy lives we always ensure we make time for each other. In a world where there are many distractions that take us away from the real and into the digital, we have made it our mission to always offer a friendly face or an ear to listen, should any of us need it.

What do these have in common?

A warm welcome.

When I see my friends, or my family, I feel warmed by the welcome I get from them, and they in turn feel warmed by the welcome I give. It doesn’t matter what we may have disagreed on in the past, because we move on from those disagreements and make peace at our next meeting.

As I stand in the doorway of my house, and welcome them in, there is something completely inexplicable about trusting people to cross the doorway into my personal space and allow them to be completely themselves.

I have crossed the doorway into the Underworld many times only to see your face smirking back at me, Lee Crowley, and the only thing warm about the welcomes were the fires of hell raging nearby. A man with ice running through his veins, and a heart so cold that the Kelvin scale doesn’t reach that deep. There was a time people thought you human, but I discovered early on that there was no soul in that husk of a human body.

And because there is no soul, you do not know how to welcome someone warmly into your home or your heart. You have craved a family your whole life. Turned your back on those you called friends to join a Family that promised you the world, but without a pleasant welcome at the door, and a warmth in your soul, that family is nothing but a fraud.

And now, with your Family gone and your friends betrayed, and nothing but an eternity of pain to look forward to, you will still never see the error of your ways. You will never again be able to welcome someone over the threshold into your home. Your life, like your human body, will always be devoid of soul.

The door has been closed on that chapter of Lee Crowley.

And now, in that cage, there is only one door available to you, and that door will never be opened. That door is locked with much more than a key that you could manipulate your way into procuring. The key to your eternal jail is, quite simply, your redemption.

Too bad there is nothing left of you that’s redeemable.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum