OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

HISTORY IV: REVOLUTION Empty HISTORY IV: REVOLUTION

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:49 pm
What is a revolution, class?

What is it, and what does it achieve?

Revolution has been present in society for centuries. It is far from new, far from a fad. The Americans had their own revolution, which started in 1765. That’s a long time ago. They fought for freedom from the rule of Britain, because they felt like second class citizens, being used as a cash cow, taxed to fund the sovereign state. They felt abused, so they changed it.

I know. As a Brit myself, you’re thinking “What does he know?” but believe me, I know. The problem with revolution is that it is often not as simple as it seems. I’ve heard calls for revolutions many times over the years but they rarely amount to anything. Why? Because they take time and they take effort, and the causes for which people threaten to revolt these days aren’t worth that time and effort. Freedom from oppression, as those Americans felt? That was worth something.

And as it happens I know a lot about oppression, so I feel able to pass my judgement. Real results from a real revolution are worth the wait. And that’s what we stand for. The Revolution. We go out into the world looking to make the changes others are too scared to, or changes that they simply can’t make.

We are a necessary force for good. But revolution hasn’t always been used for good.

David Manson revolted against his so-called brother. He overthrew him and sent him insane, for little more than blood-lust and power. What was the endgame for such a revolution? Where did it get him? Nowhere. Still he walks the same floorboards, going about his depraved day to day business.

Eli Forever tried to revolt against Edward Newton and his schemes. But he did not care enough, for the outcome did not go in his favour. Edward Newton remains at the top of the social order, unfazed and unfaltering.

Between the two of them, their attempts at a revolution add up to the sum of nothing. A revolution with no purpose and a revolution with no result are not a revolution at all. And all this from two men who lead people to a vision of the world that is different to the status quo? The status quo will never change for men like them, unable to take control of their own destiny.

Look at us. Our first action was to take power back from the social elite, the snobbish upper class. The Gentlemen’s Club, stripped of their power, found their money to be useless. They could not keep Happy contained with pure wealth alone. Our second action was to leave Wolfgang, a disgusting neo-nazi, broken, beaten and ripe for the picking for Nightstick.

Our third action will be to eliminate two phonies, vying for attention by calling for empty revolutions.

But still, we persist, the real Revolution.

The world can be a better place. And after all, revolution makes the world go round…
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum