OSW RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://oswrps.forumotion.com

“MAKE THAT CALL” Empty “MAKE THAT CALL”

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:29 am
Ever since I was little I knew I wanted to change the world.

I could see, even from a young age, the great potential this planet and the people on it have. This huge planet, filled with people with so much passion and humility, and a select elite who have so much money that they could bankrupt every plan I could ever come up with to make our world better, and still have enough change for a Ferrari each.

It drives me on, through thick and thin, to know that if I end each day one step closer to that ultimate goal of the world in a better state than it was when I started my journey, then it’s been a good day. And there have been many good days. Many bad days too. It’s part and parcel of the job I do. Some days I feel deflated, and worry that I can’t do quite enough.

And through it all, I’ve tried my best to keep my moral compass on the straight and narrow, pointing due north towards a bright future. I’m only human, so there have been a few occasions where I could have done better. I’m sure there are people waiting to pounce on that and write some fantastical expose headlines for click-bait, but it’s simple enough.

Humans are humans, and no matter what we try to do, there will always be something in our closet that is not our finest moment.

For Luke Storm, I’d imagine it’s the death of his wife. Like any normal human, he will no doubt have shouldered the burden of her death, blaming himself for her demise, wishing he’d spotted some telltale sign. The truth is there would have been no sign for him to pick up on. The truth is I don’t truly have any issues with Luke. He is a stand up guy doing his best for his little girl. He’s exactly the sort of celebrity I’d pick to endorse my campaigns. He’s squeaky clean, popular with all demographics.

But here’s the stinker. This isn’t my finest moment either.

My moral compass pulled me in several different directions over the past few weeks, and I found myself at a crossroads. For the first time I found myself in a position where I had to pick something important for me on a personal level over picking what is right for others.

This scar haunts me, like the ghost of his wife haunts Luke, and I need to do something to put it to rest. It’s my weakness, and my flaw.

When I answered the phone, and got given the choice between allowing Luke to live a successful life, and earn a good pay packet towards his daughters treatment, or the chance at finding who gave me these physical scars and the mental ones that go with it? I thought about it long and hard. It wasn’t a snap decision. It pained me.

But in the end I had to make that call.

For once I had to choose my own sanity.

For once I chose a better life over a better world.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum